Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Paul's use of καλέω

Check this out. Mike Garner has an interesting post on Romans 8:28-30. Here's a prior post of mine on the word "καλέω " in Paul's writings. Tell me what you think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Just letting you know that I responded to your comment.

Always happy to have discussion with you. You are an intelligent man with thoughful opinions on most of these things even when we have substancial disagreements.

Btw... random bit of info ... we both have like exactly the same amount of unique profile views.


In Christ alone,
mike

4:42 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Mike,

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate hearing from you. Let me think about your response and then I'll respond to you on your blog.

God bless.

6:19 PM  
Blogger TheDen said...

Daniel,

Just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed what I've read on your post.

I thought about you yesterday. I went to hear a talk regarding prayer from a friend of mine who's a Catholic priest. In his talk, he mentioned that "God wants to break into your life." Reminded me of the Donne poem from your earlier post.

I plan on writing about the whole talk at another time but what he did talk about was how God is calling all of us and that we have to respond.

Some of his examples on how we should and should not respond to His call were:

1. The call of Abraham (Genesis 22:1) where he calls for him and Abraham immediately responds, "Ready".

2. God calling Moses and Moses responds, "Here I am" (Exodus 3:4)

3. Mary's Yes (Luke 1:38) She' hears God's word and says, "Be it to me according to your word."

4. Mark 1: 16-20. Jesus calls His apostles and they drop everything and follow Him.

5. 1 Samuel 3. God calls Samuel but he doesn't recognize His voice and runs to Eli. It took him a few times before he realized it was God's voice.

6. Genesis 3 8:9. God calls Adam, "Where are you?" and Adam is hiding from shame.

God is calling us. It's up to us to hear His call. We may hear it but not recognize it's God or we may hide in shame because of our sin or we may respond, "Here I am"

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home