Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Genesis Poll

So over the last few months, I've been teaching through Genesis for our Sr. High Bible Study. The stories in Genesis are some of my favorites. So I thought that I would take poll on the stories in Genesis. Here's the question: "What is your favorite story in the book of Genesis? Why?"

My answer has to be the Joseph story. That's hands-down for me. It's a living breathing theodicy. Romans 8:28 in narrative. I love it. It has brought me a lot of comfort in tough times. So how about you?

9 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Mine is also Joseph hands down. Since you took that one already, I guess I will say Jacob trying to marry Rachel.

-mike

12:38 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I don't know that I can say I have a favorite, but the Joseph story is phenomenal and it helps to know that in the midst of our worst times here on earth, God is allowing it for a purpose and that He is in control and that it will all come together for our good.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Nathan White said...

Joseph: What a great Calvinistic text! -You knew I would say that :)

"you MEANT it for evil, God MEANT it for good". Joseph's brothers were the agents, God was the agent, a great example of the wonderful truth of compatibilism.

2:23 PM  
Blogger TheDen said...

Have to go with the Creation story/Fall of Man on this one although there are a lot of good ones.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

My personal favorite is Abraham and Isaac on Mt. Moriah. What a challenge of faith!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mike said...


Joseph: What a great Calvinistic text! -You knew I would say that :)


I was going to say "Arminians believe the Joseph story is true?!?" but I decided to be nice today ;)

In Christ alone,
mike

11:58 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I was about to respond by saying that there couldn't be a better example of Molinism than the Joseph story, but I don't really want to start another argument. :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Gordon,

Thanks for visiting.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

For me its the flood.
God's grace within his judgment.
He did not give up and 'start over' when the world was full of evil, He searched out the one righteous man and saved him.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home