Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Puppy

So it's official. I got a German Shepherd puppy. Having that stray around gave me a taste for owning a dog. My dad decided that he would be on the look-out for German Shepherds in the Scottsbluff newspaper and he found a free puppy there in Scottsbluff on Saturday. I'm pretty excited. I think that I'm going to name him Sarge. I've spent a lot of my free time with him so that's why there has been much on the blog lately. I hope to start posting some more soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

German Shepherds are great. And getting them free is even better. Enjoy.

6:46 PM  
Blogger ashira said...

sweet! You need to post some a picture or 2! I have had quite advanture of the last week. I had just got done posting about it when I thought hmm, what is up with Daniel? And ur disappearing act is forgiven!:)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats on the new puppy!

Please remember, just because he is a dog doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings. Not that you would be mean to him, but some people don't realize that they're perpetual children and that they get cold and hot and hungry and get their feelings hurt and that there is a learning curve, etc.

Sorry to go off like that, but I've just seen too many people neglect their pets and I can just imagine how lonely and starved for attention these animals are.

Now that is not to say that you can't be the master and he the subservient one. But just remember God has given you charge over this animal and you are to nurture, love and protect it. And when the REAL baby comes, remember that your pet needs attention, too. :-)

I hope you have many, many years of enjoyment with Sarge!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Definitely! It's horrible that so many folks neglect their pets. We want ours to be a part of our family.

I just want to train him well before the baby arrives.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home