Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bad News, Good News

Our cat Lucy has been running scared for the last couple of days. She's not used to having to share her place with a big whole stupid dog. She's been hissing and hiding. Shelley was worried that she'll never be the same.

Then last night after youth group, Lucy was nowhere to found. I looked and looked. Nobody let her outside so it was a real mystery. Shelley was pretty upset about it. We couldn't find her anywhere.

Well, this morning some guy called me about his missing dog. He gave me a very accurate description of the dog and so I invited him to come by and check him out. Sure enough. It was his dog. So no more Riley. I guess that his name was actually Casey. Not far off. Two syllables.

Now the dog was gone, but there was still no cat. Then about two hours after Casey left, Lucy came out of hiding. She's still pretty cautious. Shelley was thrilled to see her cat back. I'm kind of disappointed about the dog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I cannot stand animals.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Awwww, I'm glad that Casey's rightful owner found him (as long as he is good to him). As a dog owner and lover (which has turned me into an animal lover) I'd be SO worried if I couldn't find my pet. They're like my kids. Well, they ARE perpetual kids with the same feelings that we all have. I just love 'em! I'm not a big cat fan, but I certainly don't hate them. I hope she wasn't too traumatized.

But I'm sorry that you weren't able to keep him. Have you thought about adopting a pet? There are so many dogs who need good homes.

Matthew! You can't stand animals?! Awww that's too sad. They're so sweet and innocent. :-(

12:51 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

They may look sweet, but they are a souce of dirt and usually smell.

They tend not to like me, either.

God Bless

Matthew

10:33 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Matthew: "They may look sweet, but they are a souce of dirt and usually smell."

That's what baths are for! ;-)

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home