Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Weird

O.k. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved German Shepherds. They're just beautiful dogs. For the last couple of monthes, I've begin thinking about getting one. In fact, this last November we were this close to getting one. We had a puppy lined up, but something fell through.

Well, last night when Shelley came home from play practice, there on our porch was a German Shepherd/Huskie dog (I'm not sure which exactly breed he is. His face looks more like a Shepherd, but his color is more like a Huskie). He's a beautiful full-grown dog. He didn't have a collar. We think that he might have ran away from his owner. We're pretty sure that he has an owner because he seems pretty well-trained. So we left a note with the police about the dog, but from right now we're keeping him 'til his owner calls. I hope that I don't get too attached, but he's an incredible dog. Maybe his owner was moving and couldn't find him a place, and so the owner dropped him off in the country. That's unlikely, but who knows.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

It's hard not to get attached to a dog that shows up on your doorstep. I am a sucker for a stray.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Correy said...

May you take note of this scripture:

Philippians 3:2
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Jokes...

Congrats on the new dog.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Reader Michael said...

Dogs are cool. Of the many dogs my family owned growing up, one was a blue-eyed Husky named Brittany and one was a German Shepherd named Konigen (Germ: Queen).
So, I sure appreciated dogs then. Now, I'm more of a cat person. They don't get outside and get picked up by the animal catcher. hehe

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mike Perrigoue said...

Awesome! My family had huskies growing up (Yes, I graduated from the University of Washington). They are beautiful animals. We bred our female, her name was Yeska, and we had lots and lots of puppies. My mom and dad called them "puppies from hell" because they'd go crazy all over the house when we would let them out of their kennel. It was alot of fun!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

The more I looked at him I'm pretty sure that he's a German Shepherd. I did some research on the two breeds and most people say that Shepherds are more laid back.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home