Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

An Update

Here's some news on the dog. Last night I saw a notice on the local news site about a missing German Shepherd. So we thought that we found the owners. Disappointed I gave them a call and they came by this morning to check out the dog. Suprisingly it wasn't their dog. So at least for the time being he's still ours! If we do get to keep him, we're going to call him "Riley".

4 Comments:

Blogger Correy said...

Good to hear you still have Riley.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Thanks. We're enjoying him (for now anyway).

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mike Perrigoue said...

Cool...the dog is still yours!

Reminds me of a story...

Along with huskies we had a cute black cocker spaniel named Kona. He got lost...or ran off one day and didn't come back. We did the whole bit looking for him. Signs...phone calls...the pound...everything! About two weeks went by and we had pretty much given up hope of ever getting him back. Well, we got a phone call one day from our neighbors on the next street over. They had seen one of our signs. They brought Kona over to our house for us to check him out to see if he was ours...of course he was. We were pretty happy to get that little guy back! The heartbreaker of it was that the WHOLE family that had picked him up and kept him for awhile came to give him back! In a matter of two weeks that old cocker won that family over and they fell in love with him. They were a pretty sad looking bunch when they realized he recognized my brother and I and wanted to come home. Their kids cried when he came running into our house. These poor kids were pretty young and my brother and sister and I were high school age. Boy...talk about feeling bad for getting your own dog back...I need a hanky just thinking about it...

9:48 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Mike,

That's exactly how I felt. It's good to know that he's with his real owners though.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home