Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

1 Corinthians 14

Recently I found this fascinating article by Robert Zerhusen on 1 Corinthians 14, the much debated passage on speaking in tongues. Check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leo said...

Daniel,

I had to start with the first article, "A New look at Tongues" so I'll get to the second later. The first article is quite interesting. It never really occured to me that the Jewish leaders would have been bent out of shape because the scripture reading/prophesying was being done in the "profane" languages of Greek and Aramaic and would have mocked the apostles as drunkards. Very interesting. The point of boldness and utterance was well taken, too. I'm surprised that these agruments have not been better popularized. Anyway I look forward to reading the other articles.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Leo,

I'm not sure what I think about the subject. The more I looked into it, more problems became apparent with this unusual view.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home