Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Friday, December 02, 2005

My Top Reasons for NOT Being a Calvinist

Julianne, over at Semper Reformanda, and Chris, over at Imperishable Inheritance, posted their Top Reasons for Being a Calvinist. Wanting to be like everyone else, I decided to make a list. Don't get too worked up here. Part of this is just in jest.

1. Spurgeon was a fat, topical preacher.

2. My best thoughts about God come from Romans and Isaiah.

3. Three words: William Lane Craig

4. God is not a Calvinist.

5. I bring up Scripture passages that make Calvinists cring (Hebrews 6 anyone?)

6. Calvinism is just a current fad. It will go out in a couple of years.

7. I notice that there were 16 centuries of church history before the Reformation.

8. William Cowper wrestled major depression wondering if he was elect or not.

9. I read the Bible.

10. C.S. Lewis and John Welsey were also Christian Hedonists.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I haven't read much Alston or Moser, but I have several books by the other guys. It sounds we have a lot in common theologically.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Chris,

Thanks for checking out my blog. I've enjoyed hearing your input.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home