Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Life

As of late, things have been really busy here. So I'm sorry that I haven't really posted much theology stuff recently.

This month has been crazy for our youth group with fundraisers, retreats, trips, etc. My head is swarming as I try to remember everything that I need to do. It seems like I'm bound to forget something. And that something will probably be important.

Last night I also received some bad news. Last year there was this one student "Robert" who occasionally came over and was involved in our ministry. This last semester he kinda just dropped out of our group. I knew that he was getting involved in drugs and I called him on it and he stopped coming and started getting in more trouble.

Well, a couple of nights ago some kids broke into Chadron High School and stole some stuff and vandalized things. When I first heard about it, I suspected "Robert." And last night, I found out the police figured out that he and one of his friends did it. I guess that they're charging him with 9 felonies. The worst part is he's only 15. It's sad to see a kid destroy his life. I would appreciate your prayers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

That is very sad.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Sorry to hear that, Daniel. May God's grace reach this young man.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Too sad. He's in my prayers.

7:12 PM  
Blogger TheDen said...

Hey Daniel,

How are you doing? Hope to have you comment again soon. I miss your posts.

Dennis

9:19 PM  
Blogger Don't I Know You? said...

where you been? hope all is well.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hey Daniel,

Missing your posts. Hope to see you in the blogosphere soon.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home