Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Da Vinci Code

Just recently, I finished reading Dan Brown's popular book The Da Vinci Book since the movie is coming up soon and there's bound to be more discussion on it. It's both sad and funny how historically inaccurate this book is. Here's an article by Tom Wright on the book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Correy said...

If there is some discussion that will be good. For every truth there is always a million counterfeits.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I actually enjoyed the novel. The puzzles were fun to solve and I normally could figure it out before the characters. So I guess that I'm also looking forward to the movie.

The sad thing is that so many people including Dan Brown buy into the novel's view of the Gnostic gospels, which is historically speaking a joke. Even art critics say that the book is pretty off there.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

I haven't taken the time to read it yet, but I will probably get around to it.

I have heard that it is entertaining reading, but I doubt my theology will be enhanced by it.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home