Daniel's thoughts

Hebrews 6:19. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Junta, CO, United States

I am originally from Western Nebraska. My beautiful wife’s name is Shelley. We have two kids. Our daughter’s name is Mae. Our son is Noah. I am a graduate of Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton Grad School. I blog on Biblical theology and exegesis. I’m a youth pastor in Eastern Colorado.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Tom Wright?

Right now I'm reading Tom Wright's What Saint Paul Really Said. Wright is one of the foremost proponents of what's called "the New Perspective on Paul." So far I have mixed feelings about the book. Much of what he writes is surely correct. In all likelihood, Judaism has been misunderstood by Protestants. However, part of his thesis on Paul doesn't ring entirely true with me. I personally think that Doug Moo answers a lot of Wright's objections. If you could only buy one commentary on Romans, buy Moo's! It's that good. However, back to Wright. Maybe later I'll post some more on Wright's book. This quote from Wright at the end of the book just jumped out at me. Check it out.

He writes, "Deism, historically, produces atheism; first you make God a landlord, then he becomes an absentee landlord, then he becomes simply an absentee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home